Research Facilitator: £30,000 p.a. plus bonuses, home-based, flexible working.
Job summary: The successful applicant will join our experienced grant support team, helping clients from a broad range of disciplines to identify suitable research funding opportunities and craft world-class research applications. This is more than just the assembly, editing, and formatting of proposals; it also involves processing the text and ensuring that the arguments presented are logical and align with the call criteria.
Through evaluating and assisting with the organisation of all required content for a grant application, we guide clients in developing complete and optimised submissions. Team members also plan and deliver a variety of workshops that delve into strategies to employ when writing a grant application. Workshops are run both online and on site at our client universities’ campuses. Applicants should be willing to travel for this purpose.
In addition, applicants may be offered the opportunity to take a role in the management, dissemination, or outreach of projects in which WRG Europe Ltd is a consortium partner. Successful applicants will work from home and will have the advantage of flexible working hours.
- Excellent command of written English, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas clearly to a range of audiences.
- A broad knowledge background, and the ability to rapidly read, process, and understand complex ideas and concepts.
- Experience using the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using online communication platforms including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Office 365.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- PhD preferred, although exceptional applicants without a PhD will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings around deadlines when required.
- Able and willing to travel to university campuses across the UK.
- Access to suitable home office space and a good internet connection.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of facilitating workshops or training provision.
- Experience of data analysis.